logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Kacy
#1 Posted : Thursday, 6 July 2017 5:37:58 a.m.(UTC)
Kacy

Groups: Registered

First time visiting forum I have had a gambling addiction for 13 years now on & off polite machines are my vice. I can go weeks sometime to months but then relapse when I do it is to the extreme I can blow hundreds of dollars in one night the guilt and stress keeps my awake my partner knows I am honest but he doesn't seem to have the strength to help me help myself stop. I give him my card to limit my access to money but everyone can be devious when the want and I find a way to need to have it back and he gives in. .I have blown in excess of $4,000 in past 6 weeks so know I am escalating. I want to stop tried calling the hotline no answer then sent an email to NZ local area but no reply so the support from gamblers Anonmyous is not there locally I am now am trying this forum to hopefully find some support I have got worse than ever since I have received a serious head injury and now in recovery.
Mortal
#2 Posted : Friday, 7 July 2017 4:04:59 a.m.(UTC)
Mortal

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Kacy

Great to have you here on the forum. Just a suggestion - if you are serious about getting rid of this habit once and for all...Why not start a thread and commit to stopping ;like some of us have...then report in daily for every day you don't gamble....it really has helped me.

I'm on Day 72, and absolutely no desire to gamble.

I will be here to support you as will the others that use this sight. Pokies is absolutely evil - and is the crack cocaine of gambling...

Read this article - I could see myself in some of the descriptions: http://www.stuff.co.nz/l...g-The-reality-of-pokies

Good luck and hope top hear from you soon.
Kacy
#3 Posted : Friday, 7 July 2017 6:58:16 p.m.(UTC)
Kacy

Thanks mortal not sure how to do thread but today is day 4 I work full time & have a busy life so this dies help but when I feel really stressed or sometimes just want time out from the rat race I find myself in a pokie room & it can be up to 8 hours the result can be devastating in that timeframe. I will keep Track Hopi g i can stay strong like you ..thank you.:)
Kacy
#4 Posted : Monday, 10 July 2017 7:17:31 a.m.(UTC)
Kacy

Only got to day 5 just couldn't resist the urge so now another pay down. I have made contact via text to local gamblers anonymous finally & they gave me numbers to use for support...it is the worst feeling in the world I know it will be like this before I go but somehow seem to block it out in the moment u too after ..lost a lot if sleep last nite due to lapse..self hating right now...hopefully this horrible feeling will end with support I can manage addiction ...
gambling_helpline
#5 Posted : Monday, 10 July 2017 10:18:55 p.m.(UTC)
gambling_helpline

Groups: Administrators

Hi Kacy,

Thank you for posting in the forum. It's good to know that you are actively reaching out for support and managed to get some numbers from the gamblers anonymous. Sorry to hear that you tried to reach out but did not get any replies. We are not sure if you tried to contact us or another service. If you have contacted us, we apologise for what has happened and encourage you to give us a call again; if you have not yet contacted us, we encourage you to give us call at any time, we are here to provide free brief intervention 24/7. Our phone number is 0800 654 655, texting number is 8006, and email is info@gamblinghelpline.co.nz

Kind Regards,
The Gambling Helpline
Mortal
#6 Posted : Tuesday, 11 July 2017 1:26:04 p.m.(UTC)
Mortal

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Kacy - this is completely OK. Just dust yourself off and try again.

It is such a vile habit and you are sooooo much better than this and stronger.

Start again and keep us posted with your progress. It may take a few attempts - just remember that I am here cheering you on.

Don't beat yourself up - just be clear about stopping.

Hope to hear from you soon.
spike
#7 Posted : Friday, 14 July 2017 7:05:49 a.m.(UTC)
spike

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey kacy,

Can totally relate. I can also go weeks and months without gambling but as soon as I start I go on a complete bender until I have nothing left.

Win or lose gambling always leads to more gambling.

Just hang in there. Making the commitment to stop is great. Sometimes you might slip up and that's ok.
You just need to keep trying!!!

Spike