logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

skyman
#1 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
skyman

Groups: Registered

Ahhh.... thought I might catch you!

Went out for a few drinks with who I thought were non-gamblers. Great people, professional, all earning good money, all with 'respectable' jobs... e.g ".... Manager" "....Leader" etc. SO????

Five of us went for a drink after work. After ONE drink, one of our number goes to get another drink and doesn't appear for another 20 minutes..... Gues where they had been? "Oh, I've just spent $5.00 on the pokies...."

Because I'm a CG, I would NEVER gamble in front of colleagues...especially seeing as we don't drink together very often. And then she went on to say that her mohther bets a lot, her husband bets a lot, and they ALWAYS WIN?????

And then, would you believe it, one of the other people with us started telling how much money her husband had won over the last month ($1,200.00 + $800.00). I know who I believe..... neither of them.

But, what is happening here? Are they the constant winners who are collecting all of the mopney that I used to pay into those damn machines, or are they lying?

What do you think?????

Please, I'd love to know.....
anonymous
#2 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anonymous

Personally, I never admitted to losing a cent, even to myself. Saw it as an "investment" for when I would win and win big :)
anonymous
#3 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anonymous

Dear Silly Sally--I call this "stinking thinking", and say who cares how much others win , you will very really hear them say how much they loose? (funny that).

I can only say to you if you play, there is a slim chance you might win (key word here is Might) I can also say if you play there is a stronger chance you will loose(key word here is WILL).

but if you don't play, you will not expose yourself to either of those 2 key words, yet I will guarantee the next day you feel better (key word here is Better).

You asked what I think well there you go.

Take care

The Great One
skyman
#4 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
skyman

Hallo everybody,
What I am thinking that very a few people will tell you how much they really loose (i mean during the social conversation).
I know a lot of people/gamblers who are talking about money they won and whispering or keep silence about money they lost.

not going far, I can tell about my experience, i was so excited when i won 3000$ for 45 min, but i didn't tell anybody, that the next weekend i lost 10000$. It's a shame. mind keeps only positive moments.
no, i decided for sure, I am quitting gambling, i still want to live and enjoy the life, and since recent time i am really afraid to find myself in prison one day.
cal
#5 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
cal

Hi Katrusya

I agree with you, when I was gambling, the last thing I wanted people to know was how much I had lost:) I'd tell people what I won though :)

Hope you have a great weekend
lost the lot
#6 Posted : Monday, 5 October 2009 10:34:00 p.m.(UTC)
lost the lot

they are lying i wreckon you never win it all goes back into the machine one way or another u very rearly see a rich gambler. my whole family are complusive gamblers they just dont know it my dad died in sept and i was going through all of his bank stuff frm the last 5 years and my god thousands and thousands of bucks down the shiter i now i have to pay for his funeral bill $5000 soooo ive been down at the pokies try to win some money to pay for it but now iam in even more trouble coz i gambled the rent money coz i thought i was going to win i was wrong, i did win but some how it went straight back into the machines i lost the lot plus the food money trying to win the rent money back hmmmm . ive almost lost the things i care about through this gambling thing iam new to this and ive only just come to terms with how much ive lost and its more than just money so any support would be greatly recevied hope it made sense
GH Admin
#7 Posted : Tuesday, 6 October 2009 5:23:00 p.m.(UTC)
GH Admin

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi lost the lot.

Well done for posting.
Sounds like going through you dad's bank statement was a real shock for you.

The thread that you have posted on is quite an old post. Try posting under the "Gamblers" heading as there are people there that post daily .

GH Admin