logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

skyman
#1 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
skyman

Groups: Registered

i am starting to see that I have a problem with gambling. I have got me and my family in trouble with it. Now, I have my parents in it too. I need to stop, but I need to get us out of trouble first.What or can I do to help with this?
anonymous
#2 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anonymous

First and foremost, call the Gambling Problem Helpline on 0800654655, they will be able to give you some help.

Another thing you could do is arrange with someone to take over your finances short term - that includes ALL plastic that you have.

The third thing, keep coming back here and posting.
steem
#3 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
steem

Dear mommie3--I clearly hear what your saying and thats is your gambling behaviour has caused some problems for you and your loved ones. I also hear you saying that you need to get us out of trouble first?.

This sets off alarm bells for me knowing that most people with gambling problems feel the only way out the problem is to keep at the problem--yes, just one more bet, will give me the win syndrome--(and everything will be okay?)danger, danger, you need to work out what has caused the problem and address that first, thats the first thing to do--by doing this at least things can not get worse.

If I'm paddling down the wrong stream, or I'm on the wrong bus I apologise--But be careful.

look forward to your next share, and as Skyman says--call 0800 654 655, or if not in NZ look in your local phone book under Gamblers Help.

take care

The Great One