logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

glorp
#1 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
glorp

Groups: Registered

Sometimes people talk about gambling like it's evil. Is playing Monopoly with play money evil? It's just a game, that's all gambling is. And if we were all making however much money we want doing it then I'm sure we'd find ways to live with its inconveniences. I doubt there'd be a group called "Big Gambling Winners Moral Trepidations Group". Since somewhere beween 99% and 100% (don't know if it's all inclusive yet) of people ULTIMATELY lose...they begin to lament and need support. Granted, but the bad personal traits that develop in people are not the result of gambling per se; they are the result of the chronic loss of money. People who love drugs or gambling...when they quit they often go through near-religious revelations about the "evil nature" of this or that habit when the fact is they adored it while they were doing it despite the disparaging comments when its over. People dont stop getting their highs cause of some sort of "moral revelation." Thats just part of the mental program they use to maintain their abstinence. The real reason they quit is cause they got broke one too many times...or they hurt one person too many (maybe the kind of person who hurts back...because most gamblers will keep exploiting gentle marks...every sucker needs a bigger one to finance them) I have had a few habits I have had to quit and gambling is becoming one of them.....but like the other things I did that i enjoyed , or used as reality crutches...I cant condemn the things themselves....only the fact that my ignorance or personality weaknesses and dreams drove me into pursuits that lost money. Time? Na....I might have been anxious or elated at a card table.....but always interested.
anonymous
#2 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anonymous

no its not evil, i agree with u totally. But dont u think that gambling becomes a prob, whether evil or not, when they cant stop, its the same with drugs. u might not have had that problem but dont u agree that it exists???
anonymous
#3 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anonymous

it is a serious problem and there is no doubt about it i have gambleled before and it has caused me hardship but they are really a bad thing especially the pokies i have changed ever since i touched them and i will always regret it they are bad because they give you a false sence of winning and its all sycological i guess but its all about getting money from the public to fund the goverment in some way or form and that is not lie it is fact i have reasearch numerous articles they suck