logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Distraction
#1 Posted : Friday, 6 July 2018 8:58:29 p.m.(UTC)
Distraction

Groups: Registered

I've known gambling addictions all my life, I have grown up around it, Housie, card nights,poker games,ggs etc I've watched and been part of the effects its had, I never liked what is saw. So when I started I thought I've never be that person. Ive been gambling for years, nothing extreme,i had a motto in my head of "i only play what i can afford to lose" and I've never seen it as an issue until recently. Over the past 18month I started using it as a way for just me time, like a escape from all the daily things in life. Yesterday I spend money I couldn't afford to spend and sadly i felt numb and disappointed with what I had done. When i woke up this morning and my first thought was gambling that was it, I jumped on goggle and looked for help. That's when the came across this site. I'm not sure what to do or where to go from here.
gambling_helpline
#2 Posted : Sunday, 8 July 2018 1:23:21 a.m.(UTC)
gambling_helpline

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hi Distraction

Thank you for posting on the Gambling Forum. It takes a lot of courage to acknowledge that you may need some support. A good first step. It sounds as though you felt for some years that you were able to control your gambling, but that things changed for you around 18 months ago when your gambling changed from being your time for yourself and feeling like you have control. If you would like to talk about your gambling and supports available, please give us a call omn 0800 0800 654 655. We're available 24/7

Regards
The Gambling Helpline Team
Ahmed Asghar
#3 Posted : Tuesday, 2 October 2018 10:36:09 a.m.(UTC)
Ahmed Asghar

Groups: Registered

ohh wow man thats great