logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

fortnight
#1 Posted : Tuesday, 25 June 2019 6:37:29 a.m.(UTC)
fortnight

Groups: Registered

am on my second day i feel alright no temptation i will commit to writing something everyday or every few days.i won $1000 dollars in a coke competition the other day. i told my misses i would give her 700 to pay her back for some money i borrowed at the start of the year because i gambled away my pay. and i spent nearly all of it i felt empty and sick afterwards. i want to stop this shit because im scered if i keep stuffing up i will lose evrything.
fortnight
#2 Posted : Wednesday, 26 June 2019 4:59:22 a.m.(UTC)
fortnight

third day done got a new job onwards and upwards from here
gambling_helpline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, 26 June 2019 9:51:25 a.m.(UTC)
gambling_helpline

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks for utilising the forum to share your journey with others. Please contact us if you would like some additional support or information. Kind Regards, The Gambling Helpline.
fortnight
#4 Posted : Thursday, 27 June 2019 8:08:33 a.m.(UTC)
fortnight

had a little slip up today when to check a whole bunch of old tickets today and had $5 won $15 and then left even though i won $10 dollars thats not the point i wasnt meant to gambling but no biggy will count that as another day down. My misses says i dont have a gambling problem because we own a house have no debt or anything like that but i said that i do because whenever i get a sum of money or there is spare money ill binge spend i want to stay committed to quitting because i hate that feeling of losing $600 - 700 in a day not everyday these episodes happen about once a month that could have been used for a holiday or going out for dinner etc
all is not lost i just dont want things to spiral out of control.
gambling_helpline
#5 Posted : Thursday, 27 June 2019 9:55:20 p.m.(UTC)
gambling_helpline

It's great that you notice when things aren't quite right. It's important to continue to remind yourself of your goal. Slip ups happen, maybe you can have a think about why it happened and what you can do differently to prevent it from happening again.
fortnight
#6 Posted : Friday, 28 June 2019 7:00:40 a.m.(UTC)
fortnight

good point, day 5 today i found the first 10 days or so is easy for me its when i get to the two week mark i might bing spend and have a big spend up i have to be mindful of that when it comes. starting a new job i am a little bit nervous and will be getting paid my annual leave owing from my old job so will have extra money in the next week so that is something else i need to be mindful off
gambling_helpline
#7 Posted : Friday, 28 June 2019 11:10:51 p.m.(UTC)
gambling_helpline

Good on you for being aware and mindful of potential triggers. Can you put a plan in place to avoid having access to this extra money? perhaps a spouse can take care of it? move it into a savings account you can't get to? If you can eliminate the risk of accessing the money you will be less likely to be spending it, that would be a good way to know you wont slip up again.
fortnight
#8 Posted : Sunday, 30 June 2019 1:13:00 a.m.(UTC)
fortnight

still going strong removed all the betting websites i used to visit of the computer 1 week now
gambling_helpline
#9 Posted : Sunday, 30 June 2019 2:18:19 a.m.(UTC)
gambling_helpline

Sounds like you’ve taken some good steps – removing all the betting sites you used to visit on the computer.Well done.
fortnight
#10 Posted : Monday, 1 July 2019 1:38:22 a.m.(UTC)
fortnight

thinking about what i used to do to fund my gambling it makes me sick now thinking about being dishonest etc thats no way to be living.
fortnight
#11 Posted : Monday, 1 July 2019 10:02:35 p.m.(UTC)
fortnight

i feel like gambling today its when the misses is away at work i feel the need to gamble have $200 left over from my pay which is awesome am taking the family out to dinner tonight which will be about $100 so have $100 left. i start my new job on wed got a few days off now so have a lot of down time dont wont to stuff up i need to stay strong now this next two weeks now are vital if i can get through it without gambling il be halfway there i think stay strong look at the big picture
gambling_helpline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, 2 July 2019 3:03:43 a.m.(UTC)
gambling_helpline

Hi fortnight. Sounds like being alone , having time on your hands coupled with having money left over from your pay has left you feeling vulnerable to acting upon your urges to gamble. Wondering what steps you can take to keep yourself occupied and also to keep the $200 safe from gambling?
fortnight
#13 Posted : Friday, 5 July 2019 5:56:20 a.m.(UTC)
fortnight

still going strong no slip ups
fortnight
#14 Posted : Saturday, 6 July 2019 8:25:32 p.m.(UTC)
fortnight

this time seems way easier than before blocking the gambling websites has made it heaps easier
gambling_helpline
#15 Posted : Friday, 12 July 2019 4:22:10 a.m.(UTC)
gambling_helpline

Hi Fortnight, its really great to hear the progress that you've made and that you've been going strong. Blocking the gambling website it a great strategy. There are a lot of resources out there that are helpful to stop the temptation to gamble. Keep going Fornight, you're doing well!