logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Paula8119
#1 Posted : Saturday, 12 October 2019 6:45:53 a.m.(UTC)
Paula8119

Groups: Registered

My husband has a compulsive gambling issue. He admits his problems and join a support group. He went for A few meetings But I m unsure if he will continue. He is a shame of telling his real situation, that make me feel so insecure and unsafe. To cover up his gambling he lies to me quiet often about money, salary etc. He has access my account and transfer his self some money. I have change my password and confronting him about and he can’t explain his self. I m so hopefulness And unsure if I can help or how to help.
We have a little one what make me feel more worry as I will do everything to make her Well and secure.
I m trying to be strong but I m feeling in pieces.
gambling_helpline
#2 Posted : Thursday, 17 October 2019 9:26:13 p.m.(UTC)
gambling_helpline

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Paula,

Its good that you've reached out to us today. What is good is that he is aware that he has a problem and did try to get support but it is concerning that he transferred himself money from your account. I can hear that this has taken a toll on you and you have done everything you can. Its good that you've also confronted him because it will allow him to understand that his actions aren't acceptable. It sounds like a part of him knows that he has a problem but needs further encouragement to get help. He can have a look into face to face counselling as an option. If you're located in New Zealand, we encourage you to give us a call at 0800 654 655 or text us at 8006 for further support. If you're not located in New Zealand, please contact your local gambling helpline for further support.

Take care,

The Gambling Helpline Team.