logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Aziom
#1 Posted : Friday, 11 October 2019 7:47:11 p.m.(UTC)
Aziom

Groups: Registered

I cant stop betting online, I have spent all my money. I am down over $10,000 and if my family finds out I will be disowned. I am addicted and think about suicide a lot. I have attempted it in the past and I dont know how to stop. Today i lost another $2200. I have tried getting myself banned from gambling sites and disabling my financial accounts but when I feel the need to gamble I set them up again and find a new site. Does anyone know how I can stop?
Aziom
#2 Posted : Friday, 11 October 2019 7:49:43 p.m.(UTC)
Aziom

Groups: Registered

I want to stay anonymous because I dont want authorities involved or my parent notified. I told my mom so she knows already but not to the extent the addiction is at. I just want someone to talk to :(
gambling_helpline
#3 Posted : Thursday, 17 October 2019 9:31:27 p.m.(UTC)
gambling_helpline

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Aziom,

Its good that you've acknowledged that you need help and that you've told your mum about it. Its okay that you'd like to stay anonymous. Unfortunately as we can see that you're located in Canada, we aren't able to support you as we're a New Zealand based service but it looks like there's a gambling support service located in Canada, they're called problem gambling. If you're needing further support please contact them at 1-866-531-2600 or you can look at their website http://www.problemgambling.ca/gambling-help/.

All the best and take care

The Gambling Helpline Team.