logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

ruth
#1 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
ruth

Groups: Registered

Glorp im sorry but i just wrote a long reply to you and some how the system deleted it and I havent time to rewrite no wonder some of us are not posting these days as the system is not only slow but things keep happening basically i said i cant believe you are the same age as me I thought you were in your 20's going by some of your writings. Also, i knew of a young local lad who won 1000000 in lotto years ago. He went into a classy menswear shop and was given the snub by the shop owner. Some one I know was there and told the shopowner that the rough looking guy could have bought the shop as he had just won lotto. The look of shock was fantastic. shows you can't judge a book by its cover That " thief" sounded an interesting chap. Imagine if you hadnt been friendly to him how much your boss would have lost. Some bosses just dont see past the $$$ and dont consider a little PR goes a long way. For years we here have thought the American shop staff are over the top with freindliness but I must say many of our shop staff leave a lot to be desired
On that note i hope this gets posted
a_caring_girl
#2 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
a_caring_girl

Glorp congratulations the book and Cable TV show sound fantastic, I hope all goes well and a creative outlet sound like a good Idea, This is a little crazy but I was thinking about your TV Show watching seinfield the other day, mainly because of the well known comedian side and then I was thinking gosh I am going to have to watch every new cable show and wonder is this glorps, cause it is hardly going to say written by glorp, I am very excited for you, then last night I was watching a documentary on the world poker tournament, it was from 1999, anyway they where saying how over 400 people enter some pay 10grand for the privilege some win there spot, and as I know you use to play poker I thought I wonder if glorp is there, maybe watching it at least. but this doco did surprise me, the mindset of the card players and how acceptable it all was, I mean there was doctors and lawyers saw a couple of famous actors, a few of them said I am not a gambler I just play tournament poker, anyway at 10grand a seat, in an attempt to be one of the final nine to actually win some prize money, I thought well a rather expensive hobby. then they had little side bets on anything like who would win at each table and the over all winner, it was interesting to watch, and the fact this doco made it look so acceptable, I am the first to admit I love watching the poker tours, on TV and I love a friendly game I cannot bet with real money, but after the documentary I thought gosh I really applauded problem poker players who find the strength to stop as it is considered an acceptable for of gambling, and I wanted to congratulate you on doing so well and the fact you are leaping ahead, on the book and everything else, oh and good on you for the weight loss.

Oh and your story reminded me of one of my own I have never judge a book by it's cover since, I remember when I was 15 working in a fruit shop and this dirty old fisherman looking man came into the shop, anyway he stood there eating grape after grape, not a taste test but a feast, I was getting really angry, anyway I walked up to him and said excuse me sir we do not mind you tasting the grapes, but I think you have had more than enough to know they taste good so could you please purchase some and leave, mean while my boss is watching me and laughing his head off, I am thinking what are you laughing at, then this fisherman guy said may I introduce myself, he was the owner of the fruit shop he had 5 big fruit shops and he was worth millions, but looked like he would not have a dime, I nearly died, here I was telling the owner not to eat his grapes.

12.25pm Qld Australia
ruth
#3 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
ruth

Hi caring girl, looks like its just you and I at the moment not much happening here at the moment but i just had a terrible dream which featured my dead father, who I have missed for 21 years. My neighbour thinks it is a warning about something---I await her forecast--a bit scarey.Maybe it is telling me not to get in my car and go anywhere near those dreaded machines, so I will stay home.
Take care Cu l8r
fandango
#4 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
fandango

Taysh, I notice you haven't been posting much lately, which isn't like you. We also missed you at GA last night.
Can you check in and let me/us know how you are doing? Hope you are ok.
sandy
#5 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
sandy

Fandango you must have posted the same time as me.Hope you're okay!
taysh
#6 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
taysh

Hey guys

sorry, I just haven't got much to say at the moment. Am reading though. I was sick yesterday, had to leave work early with a stomach bug. I was fine by lunch time today though so it was just a 24 hours thing. Will be at GA next week. Hope you're going well Fandango, and welcome back Sandy.
fandango
#7 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
fandango

Thanks for checking in Taysh.

Yes I am ok thanks Sandy 134/64.