logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

chrissie468
#1 Posted : Tuesday, 15 March 2011 1:26:00 p.m.(UTC)
chrissie468

Groups: Registered

hi im new to this site and basically jst wanted to talk to somebody else that has a partner that gambles...i have been living with my partner for two years and throughout that time he has missed rent, spent all of our money, racked up bills on my credit card and many other issues...he knows he has a gambling problem and we have tried to fix it so many times and sometimes it is better but it always gets worse. im getting myself further and further into debt because of his gambling, i lie to my friends and family about what is going on because im embarressed and i just really would like some advice or to talk to somebody who understands what we are going through.
Cat2003
#2 Posted : Monday, 21 March 2011 2:02:00 p.m.(UTC)
Cat2003

Hello

I am in a similar situation. And I don't know if it does get any better. But you need to protect yourself and not give him access to your credit cards and make sure the rent and bills are covered. Do not let him access money or large amounts of it and make a plan to pay back the money you owe. Let me know if you need any other support.
alice
#3 Posted : Friday, 1 April 2011 1:06:00 p.m.(UTC)
alice

I'm in just the same boat. It's getting confusing trying to juggle the bills. I write out checks that are due and wait till I have the money to send them. I used to be a few days behind, but now I have more than $22,000 in past due bills that I can't pay and I am three months late in paying rent on my restaurant. It's just getting worse and worse. Are you at the point where you're thinking about breaking up with him?