logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

sunsun
#1 Posted : Tuesday, 17 May 2011 12:31:00 a.m.(UTC)
sunsun

Groups: Registered

Hi, my husband is currently in prison for theft from his work place. He admitted to taking large sum of money to fuel out of control Gambling habit I knew absolutly nothing about. The 6months before his sentencing he attended counselling for the gambling and was working on change. He was kind of on home detention so he had no opportunity to Gamble and was really working hard and wanted to find reasons for why he gambled etc, a self journey, his counsellor was amazing. We agreed to stay together, because he has been a loving, fantastic husband and father otherwise. I thort we had a typical marriage... he had this whole other gambling life along with his carreer in hospitality that i was unaware of. Now that my husband is in prison he is not getting the gambling counselling. I am finding it incredibly hard on my own with our 3yr old and pregnant (due in July) I find myself becoming angry and resenting him. Is there counselling I can get? Im not sure how im going to trust him again when he comes home etc. help?!
GH Admin
#2 Posted : Tuesday, 17 May 2011 10:13:00 a.m.(UTC)
GH Admin

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Sunsun,

Thanks for sharing what is going on for you at the moment. It seems like all the world is on your shoulders. If you are in NZ then there is absolutely free counselling for you. To start off you can call us on 0800 654 655 for telephone counselling and support and/or can we can put you in touch with free counselling in your area. Of course you are more than welcome to continue posting here.

The gambling helpline is open 24/7 and is here to support anyone affected by gambling whether it be a person gambling, a partner/friend/sibling/parent of someone gambling to people who have employees or employers that gamble.

Once again, thank you for sharing your story. The forum is quiet in posts at the moment but a lot of people do visit the forum to read on a daily basis. Many people do feel angry, hurt and betrayed when they find out that their partner has been lying to them. Sometimes knowing that others feel the same way can alleviate some of the guilt and shame that they sometimes feel too.

GH Admin