logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

jen
#1 Posted : Sunday, 30 June 2013 8:50:09 p.m.(UTC)
jen

Groups: Registered

hi pokies are my problem. I have just come out about my problem and finding it hard
jen
#2 Posted : Wednesday, 3 July 2013 9:38:05 p.m.(UTC)
jen

hi thanks for the reply. its good to now I am not alone which I feel like at the moment. it is a challenging time
I am going to consoling.so one step at a time
jen
jen
#3 Posted : Wednesday, 3 July 2013 9:39:16 p.m.(UTC)
jen

hi thanks for the reply. its good to now I am not alone which I feel like at the moment. it is a challenging time
I am going to consoling.so one step at a time
jen
anne51
#4 Posted : Tuesday, 13 August 2013 8:02:46 a.m.(UTC)
anne51

Hi Jan,

I am in the same boat but have been 2 days toay I find it so hard especially when I feel under stress but I am ticking the calender each day to show when I have not been
It is a day at a time
anne51
#5 Posted : Thursday, 15 August 2013 9:05:36 a.m.(UTC)
anne51

i have now been 4 days. It was very hard tonight as I drove past 2 of my favourite places but at least the bank account isnt cleaned out and the rent money is stll there
anne51
#6 Posted : Friday, 16 August 2013 8:44:45 a.m.(UTC)
anne51

I don't care if any one is listening but I am day 5 it doesn't get easier it just gets harder
funkybunny
#7 Posted : Saturday, 7 September 2013 9:08:10 a.m.(UTC)
funkybunny

Hi, this is my first time seeking some type of help. I absolutely hate gambling and I can't understand why I have no conscious thought process when I'm at the pokies. Even though I know I'm spending money I shouldn't I don't actually think about it, I just withdraw it and keep going. The only time the consciousness comes back is once I've lost and leave, and then I think, why did I do that? I can't understand how I have no train of thought, at the time. It's very frustrating as I feel I am an intelligent person, yet I'm not very smart and make stupid dumb choices that my own rationality does not understand, and I just don't know how the whole mechanics of it works. As I know all these things are bad/wrong, but yet I still do it? WTF? Why do people have absolutely no control over them selves, I hate it. I hate that I even try to gamble and I'm still working out how it even started as I remember once upon a time, noone I knew gambled, it wasn't even a thought. Now it's so prevalent everywhere, its disgusting and ashaming. I've absolutely had enough after spending today over $870 trying to win just a couple hundred. I still don't know how I kept doing it as I almost feel like I'm not even there when I do this. TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF MY NEW RETURN BACK TO MY FORMER GAMBLING FREE SELF. I am so annoyed and disappointed in myself I've absolutely had enough of letting myself down, and being an idiot all the time. I'm now returning to the smart person I was, and am going to self ban myself from every single bar/pokie lounge in my area, in the next area and in the city. FEELING DETERMINED! sorry for bleating, but I just need to tell someone what I'm doing so I know I have to follow through and the first person I'm telling is MYSELF!