logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

ova it
#1 Posted : Thursday, 24 April 2014 10:14:30 a.m.(UTC)
ova it

Groups: Registered

I have been helping a close friend for over 3 years now battle this addiction. I have helped her create and stick to a budget, rang and arranged payment plans with finance companies, tracked her spending via internet banking, held on to her atm card but still she will find a way to gamble whatever money she gets her hands on. We have arranged appts with a counselor etc etc but still she does it.

I too have battled with this addiction for a 12-15 month period over 4 years ago and understand the pain, embarrassment and how hard it is but now im over her helping her out over and over again.

Sorry im just having a vent because im the only one that knows about it. She refuses to tell her immediate family at this stage. What really gets me is that she is an educated women who specislises in maths!

Anyways what advice can someone give to a friend that has helped her in many ways but does not know what to do.

Thanks
anne51
#2 Posted : Friday, 2 May 2014 9:38:37 a.m.(UTC)
anne51

Groups: Registered

I understand exactly where you are coming from as I have the same kind of friend Unfortunately until they want to help themselves there is nothing we can do