logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

kellykat
#1 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
kellykat

Groups: Registered

I NEVER REALIZED HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE AN ADDICTION TO GAMBLING I NEVER THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE ONE OF THEM BUT I WAS WRONG ALL WE CAN DO IS PRAY TO THE GOOD LORD TO FORGIVE US OF OUR SHORTCOMINGS AND OUR SINS AND TO REBUKE THE DEVIL OF GETTING INTO OUR HEADS MAKING US THINK THAT GAMBLING IS THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE. MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL I NEVER REALLY NEW HOW TRUE IT WAS UNTIL THIS ADDICTION HIT ME.
anonymous
#2 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anonymous

Glorp your message in response to the above has been removed.

To remind you of the rules of this site which can be found under "Talking Point Rules and Announcements":

GHL will not tolerate any defamation, abuse, language that could cause offence (either generally or directed at a particular person) or discourteous postings. This includes bigoted and derogatory remarks based on age, sex, religion, ethnicity.

We rarely remove messages, however your post clearly breached the above.

I hope that you will consider your posts more carefully.

Gambling Helpline New Zealand
louise
#3 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
louise

Hi Kellykat
I am also a recovering compulsive gambler but am now on the great journey of being an overcomer. Many people turn to different things to get past their addiction and for me also it was the lord above, I was never really a "churchy" person, although I went to a catholic school for my primary and secondary school years. It has only just been recently that I have found a wonderful church and have poured all energies into their. I can recall quite clearly the day that I had to go up to court on the 1/6/07', I was an absolute wreck, I was nervous, anxious all the trimmings, however, the morning I was due to go up, I went to a friends place who wanted to pray for me, so I thought well this won't hurt, I tell you that 15 - 30 mins with my two now spiritual sisters was absolutely amazing, I laid EVERYTHING at the feet of our Lord, and the overwhelming experience that happened when I did do that was absolutely amazing, the tears just flowed, but then a sudden peace came over me, I not only forgave alot of people for any wrongdoings but I also forgave myself, one thing we as gamblers tend to do is beat ourselves up, continuously, so when it came to standing in court, all feelings of fear, anxiety, nervousness had totally disappeared, my Lord had taken this from me and carried that burden. Since then I can only praise and thank the Lord, and change my life style, hey it has to be a good thing, beats those machines taking my money...... So in saying that, our Lord forgives you no matter what, just ensure that you also forgive yourself.......have a good day.......there is a light at the end of the tunnel.......:-)
kellykat
#4 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
kellykat

HI LOUISE
ITS AMAZING WHAT OUR HEAVENLY FATHER DOES FOR US
HE IS TRULEY AMAZING, I AM VERY DEPRESSED RIGHT NOW DUE TO MY GAMBLING ADDICTION, CHRISTMAS IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER I WORK AND I DO PAY THE BILLS THAT NEED TO BE PAID BUT I SEEM TO HAVE THIS DESIRE TO GO AND GAMBLE THE REST OF THE MONEY AWAY I DO GO TO CHURCH AND WANT TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT, I AM MARRIED AND HAVE THREE CHIDLREN THAT ARE THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE. I HAVE GAMBLED OVER 2500.00 IN THE LAST MONTH, I FEEL LIKE A LOSER IN ALOT OF WAYS BUT I HAVE PRAYED FOR FORGIVNESS AND HOPE THE LORDS PUTS ME ON THE RIGHT PATH, I HAVE THE URGE TO GO GAMBLE MAINLY ON THE WEEKENDS BUT PUTTING MY W0RDS DOWN ON
THIS FORUM HAS HELPED SOME BUT I STILL HAVE THOSE IMPULSES.
circadian
#5 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
circadian

Dear Kellykat
I have learned that asking to have the urges taken away is not really the way to do it. What we need to learn is how to exercise the most precious gift that we were given... free will. Self control is so much harder if we really want to do something that we know is wrong, but the victory is that much greater when we can do it. I understand what you are saying, I was there myself, but trust me, the Lord, much as He loves you, is not going to interfere with your free will, you are going to have to do this yourself. Once you make the decision, He gives you infinite strength to carry on, but the decision has to be yours. Don't expect the impulses to go away, but recognise them for just that... impulses. You don't have to act on them, you can take back control of your life and finances. I hear what you are saying about wanting to do what is right, I felt like that, and I felt abandoned because no miracle happened to either rescue me or let me win some great jackpot so that I could stop gambling. I prayed and prayed and finally feel totally forgotten... but I was missing the whole point of being a human being. We were created with free will, and this is what puts us at the crown of creation. To live victoriously we have to take responsibility for our own actions. You can do this.
kellykat
#6 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
kellykat

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING CIRCADIAN IT JUST TOOK SOMEONE TO POINT IT OUT FOR ME THANKS YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH I NEEDED THAT.