logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

grammaliz
#1 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
grammaliz

Groups: Registered

I no longer feel I can get the support I need from this forum. I no longer feel I can share my journey with complete honesty. I will try to get another avenue of support. At this time, I feel I have nothing to offer others to help support them along their journey to recovery.

Goodbye and goodluck to all.
stephen_katz
#2 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
stephen_katz

"I no longer feel I can get the support I need from this forum. I no longer feel I can share my journey with complete honesty. I will try to get another avenue of support. At this time, I feel I have nothing to offer others to help support them along their journey to recovery.

Goodbye and goodluck to all."

One day, hopefully soon, you'll realize that you were getting good support from this forum. Probably not all the support you need...nobody would claim that an internet recovery forum is all most people need...but certainly good support just the same.

All your leaving the forum is doing is furthering the strength of the addiction...and that's exactly what the addiction wants us to do.

It's a tough addiction, no question about that - the addiction doesn't want us to know the facts or face the truth. However we can do something about the problem. We don't have to hit rock bottom to finally decide to make a full commitment to recovery...but unfortunately too many of us do have to hit rock bottom before developing the determination and resolve to do whatever is necessary, whatever it takes, to stop gambling and stay in recovery...that's just the way it is.

Hope everyone has a gamble free day, today and everyday.

YFIR,

Steve
davodevo
#3 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
davodevo

hey Grammaliz
You are the one who has the ultimate determination of what you do to rid yourself of gambling. From what I've read here from those in recovery, both positive and negative, are just the thoughts of people at that particular moment. This is an instant form of discussion.

If you do read this I do hope you reconsider leaving this forum. If tomorrow you change your mind we're hear to listen and in my case offer what has worked for me thus far.
fandango
#4 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
fandango

Grammaliz, I have to agree with Steve. And I must admit, I was hurt by the fact that I posted a supportive text to you after your recent slip, which included some constructive strategies to help you deal with your gambling. You didn't even acknowledge it. Possibly that was because you were upset by Glorp's post (which I didn't see before it was deleted). I, like others, have tried to support you every step of the way on here.
I feel sad that you don't feel our efforts were constructive enough for you. For the record, I did gain a lot of strength and support from your posts to me.
I also feel saddened that you feel you can no longer gain anything meaningful from this forum.
Steve is right, the forum in isolation is not a panacea for our addiction, it should be regarded as one tool in a toolkit.
I hope you can ultimately deal with your gambling if that's the path you choose to take.
andee
#5 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
andee

Hey Gram, please dont go...stay and we can help each other...your the reason I came back after posting the first time....your addiction is making these decisions for you....it dosent like support PLEASE DONT LET IT WIN, I KNOW you need support and encouragment like we all do, just some people provide it in funny ways...they are only keeping their own demons at bay...and if that works for them well hell who cares??? Love and Light to you...hoping to hear from you again soon.... Andee xxx