logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Trish
#1 Posted : Thursday, 21 March 2019 10:23:06 a.m.(UTC)
Trish

Groups: Registered

Hi guy's my name is Trish, and I have a serious gambling problem that I just can't kick. I've been HARD out gambling for the past 8-9 month's and it's killing me. I've lied to my loved one's, my hubby has asked me to stop so many time's so now i'm sneaking around, I feel like shit but I still keep doing it, still keep going back to those machines hoping to win what I lost the day before.

I feel like I'm starting to drown in debt and this could end up dangerous, first with the lie's then where to next? thieving??? so before I lose myself completely I want to take back control of my life and start this chat so I have somewhere to vent on a daily on how my journey with kicking this ugly habit is going!

So this is me day 1 of being free from gambling well starting from tomorrow on wards!
gambling_helpline
#2 Posted : Thursday, 21 March 2019 3:58:12 p.m.(UTC)
gambling_helpline

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Trish,

Gambling can be a difficult addiction to deal with. It's really good to hear that you have realised that it's a problem for you and you are reaching out for support which is the right thing to do. We wish you all the best and also just wanted to tell you that there is a lot of support available. To know more we encourage you to call us on 0800 654 655 or text us on 8006.

The Gambling Helpline Team
DJ
#3 Posted : Monday, 20 May 2019 4:07:28 a.m.(UTC)
DJ

Hi Trish,

I'm going through the same thing at the moment, did you manage to find support to help you over come this?

If yes would love to know where you found it.

I'm single don't really have a support person as such, been thinking about talking to my parents about it, but not sure if they would understand.
gambling_helpline
#4 Posted : Monday, 20 May 2019 8:39:44 p.m.(UTC)
gambling_helpline

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi DJ.

Thank you for sharing. It takes a lot of courage to acknowledge that you may be in need of some support. I would encourage you to as a good first step to getting support to call the Gambling Helpline on 0800 654 655 if you would like to talk with someone, or text 8006 for support anytime – we are a 24/7 service. We can also let you know about other support, for example, face to face counselling, that is available

Kind regards
The Gambling Helpline Team
fortnight
#5 Posted : Tuesday, 25 June 2019 6:28:47 a.m.(UTC)
fortnight

hows it going now