logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
ostrich
#41 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
ostrich

Groups: Registered

Hi all have started a new thread as the other was getting long again and I thought I would leave it to Kath and Sandy to chat.
Glorp said something interesting, he said 'take pride in your decision and do it for yourself'. I am sure you all read that but it is really critical the more I think about it.. It comes through to me in a lot of your posts that most days you all are, but i can tell some days that it is slipping and some of you have lost sight. Fandango I think maybe it is part of your success. We are all immensely proud of you but I can tell you are proud of yourself too.
So maybe if other areas of life are not as good as we would like or we feel under pressure from other things,or other people are trying to bring you down, step back and take pride in yourself still beacuse they can't take that away.
Just Ostrich doing some more thinking.....
sandy
#42 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
sandy

Thanks Ostrich.I was very impressed with Glorps posting.
kath
#43 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
kath

Hi all well I it to day 50.

Pride is an interesting thing for me. It's hard to take pride in 50 days when there are 5000 days behind it that I'm so ashamed of.

Ultimatley what we need we have to give to ourselves yet it's a hard thing to replace what we feel with the feelings we want to have.

But for the next 60 seconds at least I'm happy and proud I made it to 50.
anonymous
#44 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anonymous

Hi All

I Found You
Well day 84 here and all is well, we spent all night cleaning for this dam house inspection she will be here some time between 8am and 5pm. God even telstra tell you weather it is an am or pm call, then once she leaves my sister is coming over and I am doing her hair, big new colour and style cut for her, I love doing something other than a trim, then under my watchful eye she is going to colour my hair a chocolate brown with Carmel highlights, I am in such a need for a new hair style always makes you feel better when your hair is done, If you all lived near me I would do your hair, Kath and Sandy I I would make you look a million bucks, Ostrich haven't done much work with feathers but I am sure I could work wonders.

Kath you should be proud of 50 days, try not to look back to much, but I know it does get hard, there always seems to be reminders, specially with the money stuff but hang in there you are doing well.

Ostrich, you are right about taking pride in yourself, I know for my husband he has trouble seeing the good in himself, I tried to explain to him how proud I am of him, and gambling is a part of him not all of him, he didn't quite get it, anyway a Casey Chambers song I just love which was Originally from Cindy Lauper, True Colours, anyway everytime I hear it I think of him, so I recorded it for him at work and I told him listen to it when he is down, and I do the same thing and it perks both us up. because I think that is a key to his recovery remembering he is worth the fight as hard as it may be at times.

Fandango How are you going? You too should be proud of yourself, hope your work load and stress level is easing of a little. Thanks for the hug I really needed it yesterday, And group hugs are really nice.

Tegraboy how are you? How was the work trip? Post and tell us all about it, nearly the weekend I hope you get Saturday off.

Notsolost hope you are ok

Anyone else I forgot I am sorry and I hope everyone finds us over hear.
Take Care

11.25am QLD Aus
kath
#45 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
kath

acaringgirl, you maybe onto something maybe I'll treat myself to a new hairdo when I can afford it.That might be something I can do for my 100.New look can make you feel differently say maybe I'll try that.Perk myself up and something to look forward too.
anonymous
#46 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anonymous

sounds like a good idea to me Trust me it works new hair new outlook on life I am very excited about my new colour,
anon
#47 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anon

Why is this thread under" Others Effected By Gambling?"
ostrich
#48 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
ostrich

because it was started by an 'other' but has grown to encompass gamblers as well
anon
#49 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anon

Who was it started for? from my reading you started it for the gamblers counting their days so they could talk on other threads and use "Counting for days".It was never under Those Effected before.
anon
#50 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anon

I've just gone back and checked and it most certainly wasn't started for "others"it was started for gamblers and those effected contributed to it.
Aren't we all in this together why discriminate now?
ostrich
#51 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
ostrich

missing your point. The thread and counting was started originally by me a non gambler in support of others and for myself to gain some insight to help my gambler and is contributed by both for mutual benefit. I see it as the ultimate in non discrimination.
Would you like us to move it?
anon
#52 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anon

I think it would be far more appropriate in case new people visiting the site who are gamblers may not feel they can contribute.
If it is for Mutual Benefit why label it "those effected"
It's never come under that umbrella until now and while it is it is discrimination.
anon
#53 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anon

The insight was supposed to be used on other threads and your thread was specifically for counting so don't tell me you gain insight from a number.
anonymous
#54 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
anonymous

Hi All. I have come out of hibernation and back into the real world. It was good to be stress free for a while not answering the phone and the door. I shut the world out for a while and allowed myself to take stock of myself and everything that has been happenning. However, I have been reading the postings. It was very important to have some ME time. Lately I had been feeling as if circumstances have been ruling my life and it was very difficult to get it back in control. I now have been able to make some decisions and feel strong enough to stand up for those decisions. That includes the problem of gambling. I have decided it is only a problem if I let it. The damage has been done, it is up to me to make sure that there is no further damage. I guess it took my mothers death to realise that one. I cannot have my mother back but I can have my life back. I can spend for ever trying to gain my brothers trust again, but that will never happen until I can trust myself. And as of today that is where I start taking control again.
fandango
#55 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
fandango

Hi all,

I am a bit confused about where to post so I've decided to do it here.

I am 113 days gamble-free and I have no urges.

I have had a difficult few days, mainly because my father rang me up a couple of nights ago and accused me of forgetting my brother's birthday, which was rubbish.
He was being quite unfair so I ended up hanging up on him.
True to form, Mum rang the next day trying to smooth things over, but I haven't spoken to either of them, one because I can't be bothered, two, because of work pressures, and three, because I've been in and out of bed with a bad cold.
I have felt bad that I haven't been able to make my usual contributions to the site and I hope you will all forgive me for that.
You are all special to me and you are all often in my thoughts.
I just haven't been in the greatest of spaces.
fandango
#56 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
fandango

Sorry 4.09pm Fri in New Zealand
kath
#57 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
kath

I'm sorry to see things are still rocky with your Dad, I know it seems to effect your whole being when things are'nt right with those closest to us> I hope your space feels a little brighter tomorrow.
fandango
#58 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
fandango

Kath, You have no idea what a pick-me-up your post above was. Thank you.
Something odd happened last night. My mum rang me about 9.40pm just to chat. She made no mention of Dad apart from the fact that I should bring my dog Max up to see them this weekend.
Dad had claimed that Mum wasn't impressed either about me supposedly forgetting my brother's birthday, but she made no mention of it last night, and trust me, if she had an issue with it, she would.
Anyway, I am not inclined to go round there for a few days at least and I think I'm entitled to that stand.
I am gonna chill out with the dog this weekend. I have a little bit of work to do, but I am gonna go see Superman returns and some mates are passing through town tonight so I will have a bite to eat with them.
Thanks again Kath, your post was a real tonic.

Days:114.
Urges:0
fandango
#59 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
fandango

Ostrich,

I meant to say I've just reread your post at the top of this thread and your reference to me and that makes me smile too.
Picture me with a beaming smile and hands on hips and a strong jaw, and saying "despite all the crap life is throwing at me, I am 114 days gamble-free and just for today I do not want to gamble."
Then picture me blowing you a kiss and sending you a cyber-hug. As a gesture of friendship and gratitude, of course!

10.35am Otago, New Zealand
fandango
#60 Posted : Thursday, 4 June 2009 11:15:00 a.m.(UTC)
fandango

Ostrich, I think you are one of the great thinkers of our time.....