logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cat2003
#1 Posted : Saturday, 12 March 2011 1:56:00 p.m.(UTC)
Cat2003

Groups: Registered

Hi
I wanted to reach out for help as I don't know what to do anymore. My husband has a gambling problem which is not getting any better. We have been to counselling (two years ago) and he refuses to go again. He will not admit he has a problem and tends to just brush off any gambling now. He has spent thousands, stayed out all night and not contacted me and we have a young child. My friends ask why I stay with him and family are not interested in it anymore.
I don't know what to do and feel like I am the one with the problem not him. Help!
alice22333
#2 Posted : Saturday, 30 July 2016 2:45:59 p.m.(UTC)
alice22333

Groups: Registered

You are not the problem dear. Do not ever think that. Even if he, or other people may say that you are the issue, please, please don't think that of yourself. That will only lead to self destruction and hopelessness. I am also going through the same thing. My husband has been gambling for the past 4 years and my house is sold, and my chidren's college funds are gone. I've reffered him to counselling, but he hasn't shown any progress. I told myself that I've done the best I can do. But i don't want my children to be suffering from the mistakes of their terrible father. Even if it is not for myself, it is for my children. I've started looking into what I need to prepare for divorce. www.thistoo.co/help gives you a general idea of what to look out for. Hope this helps dear. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.