logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

legz
#1 Posted : Wednesday, 28 March 2012 12:23:00 a.m.(UTC)
legz

Groups: Registered

I asked a family member several months ago now, who has a gambling problem how her counselling sessions are going? Her reply to me, "I am only going to counselling once a month". And mentioned the only reason that she is doing this is to appease the family. And that is all i need to know. I don't even know if she is in fact going once a month? Do I feel appeased? HELL NO! How do we know that she is seeking help? I cannot trust anything that she says to me, anymore. She promised the whole family that she would seek help. And that she would keep us informed of her progress. NOT!!! Why should I have to keep asking. I am not the only family member asking her. We would all feel better and maybe one day heal, if we knew that she was trying to help herself. Now she chooses to completely ignore us. We all live in different towns and countries. We told her if she doesn't keep us updated that we would proceed to press charges for the fraudulent laundering of our mothers money. The reason why we are all thinking of proceeding to press charges is so she is accountable for her actions, this is what our mother wanted if she didn't get help. Now my mother has passed away its like she has totally swept it all under the carpet. This terrible addiction has totally destroyed a once very happy family unit. What do we do? Where do we go from here? I still feel totally sickened by her actions, the lies, deceit and accusations.