logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

barbs
#1 Posted : Saturday, 28 December 2013 11:00:03 a.m.(UTC)
barbs

Groups: Registered

What do you do when your son is gambling away his pay every week and cant control it? Plus he's in another country and we cant go and help him just now. It's been going on for 5 years and getting worse. Now he's in trouble with loan sharks. Worried sick
barbs
#2 Posted : Wednesday, 15 January 2014 5:52:40 a.m.(UTC)
barbs

Thank you for replying.

I'm trying not to be too worried, and focus on other things at times, it's not easy tho.

I try to keep in touch with him, he is trying to stop at the moment,so I keep encouraging him....he is doing a lot of running to try and fill in the time, but it must be pretty hard work to fill in his spare time.

When I hear from him and he is feeling guilty and sorry for himself i'm never too sure if I should be sympathetic or really tell him off ...what would you suggest?

Your advice is much appreciated.

barbs
#3 Posted : Thursday, 8 May 2014 2:02:16 a.m.(UTC)
barbs

Hi again, nothing much has changed, my son is still battling on, and still gambling. I am planning on going to see him in Australia, and could do with some advice on what to do to help him. Obviously I wont be giving him any money, but would like to get him to a counsellor maybe. Do you have any suggestions? Reading thru your site always helps me get things in perspective when i'm anxious and feeling helpless, so thanks for being there