logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
taysh
#101 Posted : Wednesday, 27 August 2008 12:00:00 a.m.(UTC)
taysh

Groups: Registered

Hi Fandango, am starting another thread and will respond on that one as this thread is taking so long to load.
fandango
#102 Posted : Wednesday, 27 August 2008 12:00:00 a.m.(UTC)
fandango

Groups: Registered

I am still struggling to get rid of my fear, guilt and shame. It has been consuming me for the past four days and if ever there was an incentive not to gamble again, this would have to be it.
I am heading out of town for a couple of days tomorrow on business which I am looking forward to as an opportunity to unravel my negative emotions and enjoy a change of scene.
My family have done nothing wrong, but I have been walking on eggshells around them for fear of being exposed.
For me this is the worst aspect of my addiction, to some extent losing the money is secondary--it's the emotional and psychological aftermath that's the killer.
Taysh, I know how you must be feeling right now.
I think the key for you and me and everyone else on here is to try and accentuate the positives.
For me, my relationship with God is the only answer.
It starts with Step 1--being powerless over gambling/alcohol/sex whatever and our lives becoming unmanageable, and moves onto handing our will and our lives over to the God of our understanding in the knowledge that He will restore us to sanity.
No other power can do this for me, not my counsellor, my priest, my friends, or my family.
Therein lies the answer, my struggling friends.